- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- ½ a teaspoon of paprika
- ½ a teaspoon of soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- 4 slices of granary or wholemeal bread
- ½ an avocado, mashed with a little lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4.(350F)
- Chop the tomatoes and toss with the paprika, sugar and red wine vinegar. Lay on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Toast the bread and spread on the mashed avocado.
- Top with the roasted tomatoes and serve.
Recipes like this may take a few minutes longer than toast typically will do, and a conventional toaster can be used, but the results with this recipe of baking the ingredients really pull out the flavours of the ingredients!
- Baking tray
- Small bowl
- Toaster (or grill)
Find this interesting?
For inspirational success stories, yummy recipes, and top tips on being more healthy just pop your name and email in below.
(typically one email a week)
For specific enquiries, please use the contact form at the bottom of this website.