- 30g dried shitake and oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 a pint (250ml) of vegetable broth
- 4-6 pak choi
- 200g mangetout
- 2 tablespoons of ketjap manis
- 3-4 pouches/bags of microwave white,jasmine rice, or wholegrain rice (Any rice is suitable, but wholegrain is preferred)
- First soak the mushrooms in a bowl, using the vegetable stock. After about 15 minutes, remove the mushrooms, slice and return to the stock along with the ketjap manis.
- Remove the outer leaves from the pak choi and quarter the bulb. Trim the mangetout, removing any stringy edges from the larger ones.
- Bring a steamer pan of water to a simmer and place the pak choi in the first basket, the mangetout in the second. Steam for just three minutes, then arrange between four plates.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice as per pack instructions and divide between the plates with the vegetables. Pour over the vegetable stock and mushroom mix and serve.
This recipe makes a very quick lunch, and the emphasis is on speed, which is why rich pouches have been used, however, they often will contain a large amount of sodium, and so if time is available it is better to cook your own rice and ideally a rice cooker, which tends to yield perfect results every time!
- Steamer pan with two steamer tiers
- Small bowl
Find this interesting?
For inspirational success stories, yummy recipes, and top tips on being more healthy just pop your name and email in below.
(typically one email a week)
For specific enquiries, please use the contact form at the bottom of this website.