- 100 grams of bulgur wheat (dried weight)
- 75 grams of lambs lettuce (about 2 handfuls)
- 8-10 asparagus spears
- 6-8 strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (approximately the juice of quarter of a lemon)
- 50 grams of freshly shelled peas
- First, cook the bulgur wheat according to the instructions on the packet (timing varies between brands). For the final two minutes of cooking, add the asparagus spears to the pan
- Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again, well. Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly
- On a platter, lay out the lamb’s lettuce then sprinkle over the peas
- Scatter over the bulgur wheat, then the strawberries and the asparagus
- Garnish with mint leaves, if you like, and serve immediately
This meal is simple, yet tasty and the additional of fruit helps prevent cravings for artificial sweet foods, the bulgar wheat provides satiation, yet with the combination of flavours it becomes very tasty rather than bland, as is the case with many meals of this type!
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves
- Small saucepan
- Platter or large shallow bowl
- Fine sieve
Find this interesting?
For inspirational success stories, yummy recipes, and top tips on being more healthy just pop your name and email in below.
(typically one email a week)
For specific enquiries, please use the contact form at the bottom of this website.