- 1 pint of vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 grams of uncooked pearl barley
- 50 grams of uncooked lentils
- 2 large potatoes chopped into cubes
- 2 carrots, topped and tailed and chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1/4 a teaspoon of garlic powder or 1/2 a crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce (Blue Dragon light soy sauce is vegan if you are strictly vegan)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of ground cumin
- Combine all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook either on high for 2-3 hours or for about 8 hours – (perfect for doing overnight.) Use additional water if required to dilute
- Spoon into bowls and serve hot.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or quadruped in size by increasing the quantity of ingredients proportionately.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Slow Cooker
Find this interesting?
For inspirational success stories, yummy recipes, and top tips on being more healthy just pop your name and email in below.
(typically one email a week)
For specific enquiries, please use the contact form at the bottom of this website.