- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ red and ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Half-fill the saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Drop in the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to steam dry.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium high heat and add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until beginning to soften. If they stick or start to brown, add a little of the vegetable stock to the pan to loosen.
- Add the potatoes and peppers to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, again adding vegetable stock if needed to prevent burning, until the potatoes begin to crisp up. Add the courgette and cook a further 3-4 minutes.
- When all the vegetables are cooked and the potatoes are crispened at the edges, scoop out the mixture onto warmed plates and serve.
Double up the quantities for 2 people – this meal is surprisingly filling, and a very, very good alternative to the ‘British Fry Up’
- Medium saucepan
- Large deep frying pan or sauté pan – non-stick is essential
Find this interesting?
For inspirational success stories, yummy recipes, and top tips on being more healthy just pop your name and email in below.
(typically one email a week)
For specific enquiries, please use the contact form at the bottom of this website.